Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Farwell

Finally heard the news about Zero.
Poor bastard.
Maduin's shifted away his title and Amelia has been gone for half a year now.
I suppose its for the best.

If you're a Sage you will do more good than you can possibly know,
But your mind and body are going to be ruined forever.

We changed what the title means.

I'm not exactly sure who the new Sages are or who's leading the charge now. Which ones of us are fighting or running or is a Proxy...I'm too tired and too crazed to care much.

Funny joke. Saw Him watching a group of kids, always like that. So I shuffled towards Him. Partly to fight, partly to distract, maybe hoping a little that He'd rip me up. The kids don't see Him, but they see me...and they run to their mommies and daddies crying about the 'scary tall, thin, pale, bald man' and point to me. I stay calm and tell the adults that I am merely an individual with a severe case of cancer, who still tries to keep healthy by walking in parks, so sorry about the trouble. I look the part now, and most people are apologetic but...and here's the joke...one of the mothers was a complete and utter bitch and said unto me:
"My kid will have nightmares about you! She thinks you're out to get her!"

I can't help but laugh.

Sorry, Zero.
There is going to be a crowd of people waiting to kick my ass when I finally stop.

It's up to the Delmonts now. Cynthia will eventually contact them, making a break for it. They'll go to her, but Redlight will be waiting. Then I'll be there.
Then after that I won't really be anywhere. Maybe.

Until then, I shuffle along...observing the bodies, damage, and desolation my work has created. I know that, despite it all, I personally won my fight against Him...but was I any use to anyone else?

Have I done any good?